- Remove the plunger and clean thoroughly.
- Put a kettle of water on to boil.
- Weigh out coffee beans or medium course grind as follows:
- 18g coffee for 1 cup or 290g of water
- 26g coffee for 2 cups or 415g of water
- 33g coffee for 3 cups or 525g of water
- 50g coffee for 4 cups or 800g of water
- Preheat the plunger with boiling water and decanting vessels (carafes, jugs or mugs, etc.). After pouring out preheating water, place the plunger on the scale and set / tare to zero.
- Add ground coffee, check to see that the coffee weight hasn’t changed, then tare to zero.
- Start the timer (set for 5 minutes) as you begin to pour the hot water.
- After a minute give the brew a quick stir & replace the lid and plunger without plunging.
- When the timer runs out, press the plunger down slowly and carefully, making sure coffee particles do not spurt out the sides.
- Once the plunger is pressed down fully, immediately decant all brew and serve.
Click here to view our printable PDF Plunger Brew Guide